The primary responsibility of the Retail Sales Associate is to provide superior service to all customers and assist the Store Manager and Assistant Store Manager as needed.
- Assist all customers in a professional and timely manner upon them entering the retail store.
- Answer customer telephone calls promptly and in an appropriate manner per company guidelines.
- Provide knowledgeable assistance to customers with all product lines and services offered by the retail store.
- Assist store managers with outside sales calls when necessary.
- Determine a customer’s needs by asking questions and listening to the customer’s response.
- To suggestively sell additional merchandise to the customer that will assist the customer in completing their projects.
- To actively participate in all provided training programs provided by the retail store.
- To maintain merchandising standards established by store managers and/or operational managers including window displays, sales floor displays, promotional displays, etc.
- To actively participate in store activities including the unloading of trucks, stocking shelves, carrying merchandise out for customers, having the ability to lift a determined weight of merchandise and delivering paint when needed.
- Present a professional, neat appearance, maintain a good attendance record and arrive at work at the scheduled time.
- Participate in all daily store housekeeping responsibilities that include: interior/exterior maintenance, product organization etc.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Displaying effective customer service skills on an ongoing basis.
- Strong detail-oriented abilities and skills.
- Ability to negotiate in an effective way with customers.
- Having good organizational skills including the ability to do multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Being highly motivated with a strong willingness to learn.
- Being able to manage your time efficiently and appropriately.
- Job involves a wide variety of tasks including: bending, lifting, and sitting.
- Individuals must be able to lift at least 50 pounds.
This is a representation of the responsibilities associated with the position of Retail Sales Associate/ Professional. However, other tasks do exist, and the Retail Sales Associate/ Professional will be responsible for performing all other duties as directed by management.